Paging Systems Improve Communications And Save Lives
Paging Systems not only improve internal communications
in a business environment, but are required by OSHA for their Employee
Planning Standard (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.38). A paging system is the
only way to provide instant and concise directions for emergencies – bells,
whistles and sirens may not be clear enough for employees to hear
and/or understand the nature of the situation.
The typical environments where paging systems are beneficial are:
• Conference Rooms
• Distribution Centers
• Manufacturing or Processing Plants
There are two basic designs to paging systems – single-zone
paging and multi-zone paging. Some of the benefits of each design
• Easy to communicate through entire facility via public address
for emergencies or general announcements.
• Every message can be heard by everyone in the facility.
• The ability to adjust speaker volume as appropriate for each
area in the facility.
• Use different speaker designs to enhance the décor the
different areas in the facility.
• Emergency and All-Call capability when necessary.
• Programming the zones for background music and/or paging only
in the appropriate areas.
• Allows different areas and personnel to receive different audio
at the same time.
• Provides fewer interruptions to areas where paging messages may
be bothersome to employees.
At STOUT COMMUNICATIONS, we have installed systems from two of
the industry leaders – BOGEN and VALCOM. Each of these manufacturers
have a wide variety of products with consistent quality and the
ability to customize a design suitable for your application.
For all your paging system needs, please contact us now to learn
about how we can design, install, upgrade or maintain your paging